You are not logged in.

Welcome to Sims2Workshop. Our aim is to "break the chains" of the original Sims games and deliver new game modifications to fans worldwide, 100% Free. Most files on this site are archived in to either .zip, .rar or .7z format so a file extractor is needed, this is for faster downloads and economy of resources. Free registration is required for downloading as a site security measure. We hope you enjoy our site and our Sims Mods.......[The S2W Team]

Dear visitor, welcome to . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

amoorah

Beginner

Date of registration: Jun 15th 2007

Level: 12 [?]

Experience: 2,501

Next Level: 2,912

Friday, June 15th 2007, 10:39am

Re: Video Capture Mod (Movie Makers)

how to download?

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 5,001

Next Level: 5,517

Friday, June 15th 2007, 6:31pm

Where is the file that I'm supposed to download?

Sorry I'm such an idiot.

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 5,001

Next Level: 5,517

Friday, June 15th 2007, 7:24pm

Never mind! My computer was lagging and hadn't fully loaded the site... I see the download buttons perfectly now...

Unregistered

Saturday, November 24th 2007, 7:54pm

I can't download the settings - where is it?
I can't find it on this page
x

Unregistered

Saturday, November 24th 2007, 7:56pm

I have found it
dont worry
sorry
my computer is slow
x

Unregistered

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:54pm

I am not too sure whether the size has worked however it is making problems for my game. There are a lot of blu patches and black patches in both neighbourhood and in the lots. Do you know what I can do because I really need it and it is so good.
thanks
x

ahmird2

Trainee

Date of registration: Apr 28th 2006

Level: 30 [?]

Experience: 276,832

Next Level: 300,073

Tuesday, November 27th 2007, 1:08am

ThisModernLove947,
This mod should not be doing that as it does only provide alternate specifications to the game itself, and at that the game only applies those specifications during a video capture and those specs do not pertain to anything besides the size (in pixels) that the built-in video capture engine inputs and outputs the grafx. This file isn't even used by the game until a video capture is initiated (other than just to make sure it is there during the game loading, if the file is missing the game creates the maxis default one for itself while loading). In my mind there is no conceivable reason why what you are experiencing can be attributed to this mod but I still cannot dismiss it as a possibility - one would need more information from you to determine that...
Do these blue and black patches occur only while you are doing a video capture or do they also happen during normal gameplay? Do they either start or stop happening when you click the video capture icon in the game?
Normally these blue patches occur when one is using custom meshes or facial content (such as makeup, glasses, beards, etc.) that requires texture detail, sim-object detail, etc. to be set on high. I see them on where a sims face should be mostly, but sometimes I see a piece of furniture is all blue, and I find it is either mostly due to needing the grafx details set to high or it just occurs (for an unknown reason) but cures itself after having the sim do a "change appearance" in a mirror - even if it's a piece of furniture that is all blue - that tends to cure itself too in such circumstances. The black patches I have seen have all been due to some other program that is running in the background while I'm playing the game. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that what you are experiencing is due to this mod but I do think that as unlikely as it is, either way, more information about your setup would be helpful in troubleshooting your problem. In addition to the two questions I posed here it might be helpful to some to know what model grafx card you are using and how much RAM it has - I have only seen the blue myself while using ATI Radeon 92xx and 95xx series w/128mb of ram or less and also N-Vida 6xxx series w/128mb (I think) or less.
Is it possible that you installed some custom meshes at the time you installed this file (and this file needs to be installed where specified - not in \downloads)?
Also, for this mod to work the grafx settings within the game must be set to at least 1280x1024 - otherwise the game will default to the maxis shipped setting (max resolution of video capture: 640x480) and your grafx card must be able to support a resolution of 1280x1024. If you right click on the desktop and select "Properties" ("personalize" in Vista - and then "Display Settings") there will be a slide-bar. Slide it all the way to the right... If the display resolution numbers are not both greater than 1280x1024 then this mod will not produce movies of a resolution greater than 640x480, though will produce a movie of the default resolution. You do not have to keep your windows desktop at any particular resolution, this is just to test if your grafx card is capable of such a resolution.
This mod is solid - I have tested it extensively. I've provided all the info I can, but if you could provide the information I asked here it is possible that someone may be able to help you further.

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 27th 2007, 9:14pm

The blue and black patches are in both video and game play. I have a video of it however I don't think I can add it to this post. The blue and black patches are more like fog. They are part way in the air and are flat. I think it is this mod as I had only just downloaded it and put it in the config folder. I dont have much custom content as I have recently installed all my games again as I was having hack problems which were crashing my game.
I don't know if I have a grafx card as I don't really know what it is and I haven't specifically bought one. That could be the problem. However I don't want to spend a lot of money on this. This is something I want to do for free. That's why I am finding things difficult. I have been playing on the sims 2 since the very day it came out and I have bought every expansion pack as it came out. I don't understand how it is so difficult for me yet easier for others. I am sure that you have probably heard of Jaydee and maybe have seen her videos - they are great! She was the one eho inspired.
I am getting away from the point now so anyway...
... I think it depends on ones computer, grafx card, if one downloaded it correctly and what else one would have downloaded. This problem is quite confusing, probably not to others however it may take quite a bit of work to sort everything out.
thank you for reading
x

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 28th 2007, 6:37pm

I think the problem was gunmods camera mod. Thankyou for your help and I am sorry to cause so much trouble. I am sure delusions mod should work and that it will be very helpful. However how does one know whether it has work. How does one change the settings of the video capture.

thanks
x

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 28th 2007, 7:21pm

I installed the CEP and that worked, the patches went, everything was fine. However I then downloaded delusions video mod and they came back. What shall I do?

ahmird2

Trainee

Date of registration: Apr 28th 2006

Level: 30 [?]

Experience: 276,832

Next Level: 300,073

Tuesday, December 4th 2007, 11:09am

Well, ModernLove...
You need to adjust your grafx settings in the game. The way you describe these black patches is reminiscent of the typical behavior of a grafx card that for some reason can not handle what the game is throwing at it (so to speak). While you are in the game, on the same screen you are at when you quit the game there are grafx settings. Try setting a couple of them to medium or low or off (startwith reflections, shadows and light - if that doesn't work try stepping down some others a notch at a time).
The Sims 2 is a game that renders 3D imagry "on the fly" based on very little data. Such things require a lot of hardware resources (processors, RAM, etc...) Your computer is obviously capable of running the game efficiently. This is a game that can for the most part fully utilize even the most cutting edge and sophisticatedcomputer hardware such as processors, grafx cards, RAM configurations, FrontSide BUS's,etc, etc... but it does run on most computers you buy at the store and just plug in. You need to adjust some settings.
How do you adjust the quality/size of the video capture. Go to the camera options/or/settings in the game and select highest quality (set the compression setting to the one above uncompressed). You must have the resolution set to a selection that appears below "1280x1024"

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 8:52pm

A million thank yous for this change you made to the game. I can't wait to see the results.